Covid-19: Jersey’s Safe Exit Framework Level 3
Jersey will begin to move through the Level 3 measures of its Safe Exit Framework with effect from Monday 11 May, following the signing of new Orders by the Minister for Health and Social Services, Deputy Richard Renouf.
PROPERTY VIEWINGS, VALUATIONS & RENTAL INSPECTIONS
When planning and carrying out property viewings, valuations or rental inspections the following conditions should be met.
Prior to visiting the property….
- The prospective customer must pre-register with us, providing all contact details
- All relevant parties (agent, property owner, property occupier, purchaser, surveyor etc) must complete and return a Health Assessment form before any appointment is carried out
- The property visit cannot be carried out if any property occupier is isolating either because they have COVID-19, are symptomatic, or are shielding because they are severely vulnerable to COVID-19. It is the company’s responsibility for confirming this prior to the property visit
- All property visits will be carried out at an appointed time by one negotiator only
- All property visits will be logged
- No more than one agent and two vendors or purchasers (adults only) will be present at any one property visit
- The viewing will be deemed to be part of the customer’s permitted time outside the house and the total permitted contacts from outside their household in line with the Government of Jersey guidance
- Viewings will be undertaken at an empty property wherever possible. Where this is not possible the viewing should coincide with the usual occupant’s permitted time outside the house in line with the Government of Jersey guidance
- The property owner is responsible for cleaning the premises before the visit – as a minimum this must include the cleaning of surfaces that are regularly touched, and those which the agent will have to touch, such as door handles and light switches
- The property owner must open all appropriate doors and cupboards prior to the viewing
- Paper copies of the property details will not be supplied to potential purchasers
DURING THE PROPERTY VISIT
All necessary precautions will be taken during the viewing including…
- Maintaining a physical distance of 2 metres with those outside your household at all times
- Sanitising hands on arrival and departure, we will be responsible for providing hand sanitiser at the entrance to the property
- Customers should be advised not to touch anything, and must wear gloves and cloth face masks at all times during the appointment
- The negotiator must wear gloves and cloth face masks at all times during appointments and try to ensure that only they touch surfaces, including door handles and light switches where necessary
- The negotiator will clean anything that it has been necessary to touch with disinfectant wipes as they move around the property
- Viewings will be no more than twenty minutes
- It is the responsibility of the business to ensure that their customers are made aware of the above conditions and that they adhere to them
- Any negotiator carrying out the appointment must not be deemed to be vulnerable
If it is not possible to adhere to the above conditions, then the property visit will not go ahead.
All relevant parties must complete a Health Assessment form before any appointment is carried out.
OPEN VIEWINGS & BACK TO BACK VIEWINGS
Open viewings and back to back viewings are not permitted.
REMOVAL & RELOCATION SERVICES
To support Islanders who absolutely need to move home, essential removals and relocation is designated as ‘essential work’ and workers providing these services can travel outside the home for this purpose. Businesses providing removals or relocation services must implement strict physical distancing. Employees should remain two metres from each other and from customers at all times. This includes during travel. Businesses should also ensure rigorous hygiene.
← Return to news